[Owasp-leaders] Proposal for OWASP Global Chapters Committee

Travis McPeak travis.mcpeak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:50:13 UTC 2018

Hi all,

After discussing this with Josh, I'd like to say I misunderstood the intent
of the committee. I was concerned that this would turn into a lot of
endless debate with little action items. What Josh is proposing is the
exact opposite of this.

When I started as a new chapter leader, I found a surprising lack of
resources or lots of outdated resources for me to draw on. With the volume
of experience we all have as chapter leaders there's no reason why common
problems like these shouldn't be addressed quickly with a
divide-and-conquer approach. Those interested can be empowered and
supported with the necessary resources to go make things better. I now
believe this is the intent of the committee and I look forward to the
awesome things that will come from a result of it.

-Travis (Bay Area)

--
-Travis