[Owasp-leaders] DevSlop Video Show

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue Sep 4 15:59:42 UTC 2018

Tanya,

> Lastly, does anyone know how I can put a “donate” button on our website
that will go to the OWASP donation page and also allocate to our project at
the same time?  I’d love to have a link like that for our website, youtube
and twitch pages.  If anyone knows, please share the secret.  ;)

It's not all that secret - its on the wiki and Github ;-)

Examples:

   - https://github.com/bkimminich/juice-shop (scroll down to Donations)
   - https://github.com/DefectDojo/django-DefectDojo (scroll down to the
   Support heading)
   - https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate  (under Donate using PayPal)

Here's the Markdown scrapped from Defect Dojo's README.md page:

[![PayPal](
https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_SM.gif)](https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=paypal%40owasp%2eorg&lc=US&item_name=OWASP%20DefectDojo&no_note=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF
)

the variable/parameter "item_name" is *VERY* important  as that is what the
accounting team uses to match inbound donations to something (chapter,
project, ...)  The rest of those parameters and URL can be left unchanged.

If you want to do this on the wiki, there's also a MediaWiki 'widget' that
automates this process.  I've got an example/demo on my user page -
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Mtesauro

The relevant MediaWiki source code is:

{{#widget:PayPal Donation
|target=_blank
|budget=OWASP WTE
}}

In the case of the wiki the 'budget' parameter for this widget maps to
"item_name" and again is *VERY* important if you want funds accounted for
correctly.

HTH

--
-- Matt Tesauro
*OWASP Foundation*
matt.tesauro at owasp.org

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming
a member <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> or making a donation
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate> today!

Join us at AppSec USA 2018 <https://2018.appsecusa.org/> 8-12 October in
San Jose, CA!