[Owasp-leaders] Proposal for OWASP Global Chapters Committee

Vlad Styran vlad.styran at owasp.org
Mon Sep 3 10:33:50 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Early this year we have experienced a change in how different the treatment of the Chapter needs could be, and the point of this change was ideed the day Tiffany left her position as Community Manager. I had no idea what amount of work and beurocratic burden has been hidden from us until then.

We had a really awkward situation with a meeting funding after that, and I sincerely appreciate the help of NL Chapter and Martin himself, as well as Karen facilitating the resolution of the issue. However, I believe OWASP could operate in a way that prevents such situations from happening and that this kind of escalations is demorsalizing to the Chapter leaders and must be avoided.

That said, I can see both ways in the argument and as much as I would like to prevent it from heating up, I would be happy for the situation to improve. I believe the initiative of re-booting the Global Chapters Committee is a chance to achieve both objectives. I have a list of suggestions for the committee once it’s up and operating, and I and my co-leaders are ready to put effort into this initiative.

Hope my non-native English doesn’t leave much for interpretation between the lines.

Sincerely,
Vlad Styran

OWASP Kyiv Chapter Leader
PGP pub key: 87F07F08 <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x19ED24B087F07F08>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/owaspKyiv> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/owaspkyiv> YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZlgZTJRb4dXhSUFCjwAQzA> Mailing List <https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-kyiv> Slack <https://owasp.slack.com/messages/chapter-ua/> SlideShare <https://www.slideshare.net/owaspKyiv>