[Owasp-leaders] Feedback Requested 2019 General Chapters/Project fund

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Wed Nov 28 21:28:06 UTC 2018

Hi Avi,
Yes - the aim is to have a central fund which larger chapters can opt-in to
support other chapters/projects/committees - This also is an incentive for
parts of the community to ASK + do more interesting things to do.
But more importantly (to me) - this helps the foundation understand the
demand and see if we can do fundraising events + have a framework for that.

In fact - a fund raising committee would be great to identify opportunities
and take those on to raise funds.
I would like us to get out of the attitude that just because we don't have
funds - doesn't mean we can't go out and raise funds - even on behalf of
other chapters/projects.

I brought it up with board members today I think we need to tweak the
wording but I would like to push for this.

-Sherif

Email: sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
<https://twitter.com/OWASPLondon>
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list: