[Owasp-leaders] Feedback Requested 2019 General Chapters/Project fund

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Sun Nov 18 20:01:00 UTC 2018

Quick note:  For 2017 Andrew van der Stock (Board Treasurer) and staff
(Tiffany for Chapters & Claudia for Projects), did a review of all
chapter/projects with greater than $5,000 USD in funds. In cases where the
leaders were responsive and demonstrated the funds would be used toward the
mission via a budget, all the boxes where checked and they moved on to 2018
with their budgets untouched.

In cases where the leaders were non-responsive and provided zero response
to multiple requests for any type of reply, the funds were reclaimed by the
Foundation.

All the correspondence was tracked in Jira/Service Desk so it would be
available to staff or the treasurer as needed during and after that
process.  This was the concrete implementation of the board's request to
have this work done by staff.

If you have further questions, I'd reach out to Andrew as he's the only one
left at OWASP that was directly involved in that process.  I'm also happy
to answer further questions as I was involved in setting up the Service
Desk forms and making sure that Tiffany & Claudia worked through the
Board's request to review larger chapter/project balances.

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro
*OWASP Foundation*
matt.tesauro at owasp.org

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming
a member <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> or making a donation
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate> today!