[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Creating readable ASCII CHANGELOG files from commits to GitHub

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:08:34 UTC 2018

Hey Kevin,

We have 2 java classes (sorry;) we use for ZAP changelogs:

GenerateReleaseNotes.java
<https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-admin/blob/master/src/main/java/org/zaproxy/admin/GenerateReleaseNotes.java>
This generates markdown release notes based on closed github issues
CheckLatestReleaseNotes.java
<https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-admin/blob/master/src/main/java/org/zaproxy/admin/CheckLatestReleaseNotes.java>
Which sanity checks that the issues included above arent in any previous
release notes

They are specific to ZAP, in that we specify the labels that we dont want
included (eg 'invalid', 'duplicate', 'wontfix' etc), but it should be easy
to tweak it to match your own criteria.

You can see the ones this generates here:
https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-core-help/wiki/HelpReleasesReleases
Note that we typically edit these manually so that we can highlight what we
think are the most important issues to highlight, but they might give you a
starting point.

Cheers,

Simon

OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader