[Owasp-leaders] ZAP Automated authentication detection and configuration

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:35:33 UTC 2018

Leaders - please see the email below sent to the ZAP Developers Group.

Kajan is working on making authentication handling better in ZAP for the
Google Summer of Code.
An important aspect of this is coming up with a comprehensive list of
authentication schemes - theres a link to the doc Kajan is working on below.
ZAP is very flexible and can probably handle most if not all of these
schemes, but we know that configuring it to do so is painful and error
prone.
Building this list will help us understand the scope of the problem and
allow Kajan to focus on more generic solutions that support a wide range of
schemes.
So please have a look at the doc and add suggestions for anything you spot
thats missing or incorrect.

We know that getting ZAP to handle authentication can be difficult - this
is your chance to help us make it much less painful :)

One of the reasons we asked Kajan to write this doc is that we couldnt find
a comprehensive list of authentications schemes on the internet.
If we've missed such a list then please let us know. If not then how would
you feel about us migrating the doc to the OWASP wiki once it has had some
more feedback? I think it would be a valuable addition :)

Many thanks,

Simon