[Owasp-leaders] Who wants to train the UK Home Office Software Engineers Security Testing for free?

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Tue Jul 10 21:04:30 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Firstly thank for those who attended AppSecEU this year and making it a
sucess. As one of three OWASP London Chapter leaders (Sam & Greg cc'd) we
thank you and hope you have enjoyed the event.

Now imagine our surprise when we got this in the mail this week:

> *The Home Office is hosting up to 200 people for TESTCON'18, a conference
> for UK Government Software Engineers engaged in testing and QA. This year
> in central London, we're looking for organisations to run a workshop on
> Monday 8th of October. With security testing being a key tenant of
> government software engineering we’re really keen to host a hands-on
> security testing workshop. Attendees would bring their own laptops and
> ideally get hands-on with one of your Open Source tools (for example
> Arachni or Dependency Check). The rooms we have available hold around 13
> people at a time so it would be great if we could repeat the workshop a
> couple of times during the day (depending on availability / popularity).
> Unfortunately we aren't able to offer monetary incentives but it is a great
> opportunity to present to an engaged audience in a building not open to the
> public. Would this be something OWASP could support? If so would you be so
> kind to fill out the following? • Your name: • Session title: • Approximate
> duration required: • Brief overview of the session: • A few sentences about
> yourself:*

If you are intrested in presenting a session at the UK Goverment's TESTCON,
please let us know and we will take it from there. (Please do not forget to
fill out the 5 points above).

This is a great oppertunity to train developers dealing with critical
infrastructure in security.

Kind regards,

--

Sherif Mansour
OWASP Global Board Member & OWASP London Chapter Leader
Email: sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
<https://twitter.com/OWASPLondon>
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list: