[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Proposed Draft: OWASP Global Industry Advisory Committee

Karen Staley karen.staley at owasp.org
Fri Jan 26 22:42:50 UTC 2018

Dear Greg,

Thank you for responding. Please find below additional information on the
RFP process.

OWASP Foundation with the agreement of the Board of Directors, in the
December board meeting,  is conducting a feasibility study related to a 30M
grant that is publicly available in the New York and the United States.
This opportunity for experimentation the details for the RFP  are outlined
here: https://www.nycedc.com/opportunity/cyber-nyc-rfp
<https://www.nycedc.com/opportunity/cyber-nyc-rfp>.  Owasp is working
towards submitting a bid for a portion of the project around workstream #1.

The verbiage from the RFP surrounding workstream #1 is below:

*Cyber Center: The Cyber Center (the “Center”) is a signature component of
Cyber NYC and serves as*
*the primary hub of New York City’s cybersecurity community. The Center
shall also serve as a potential*
*home for other (Sub) Work Streams within this RFP. The Center will include
(1) Community Programs*
*(as defined below) to offer work space for community stakeholders*
*and host programs and events to foster new networks, synergies, and*
*experiences across industry, academia, and investors. Located in the*
*Center, the (2) Accelerator (as defined below) will be New York*
*City’s first accelerator focused on scaling cybersecurity startups. The
Accelerator will offer growth-stage*
*startups access to potential customers, investors, mentors, space,
training, and other resources.*

This is a unique  but very important opportunity for the foundation, and
will certainly raise visibility for the mission of OWASP Foundation and
ultimately will assist with workforce development locally and globally.

If you have any questions related to this effort we are supporting, please
just ask or join us at the next board meeting scheduled for 7 February 2018.

You may also listen to the recordings of the past board meetings found
here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board#tab=Historical_Meeting_Archive

Regards,
Karen Staley