[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Proposed Draft: OWASP Global Industry Advisory Committee

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Fri Jan 26 18:52:38 UTC 2018

Hey Bev,

I am sorry, I may not have been clear.  I was asking that you please
include the context of the draft in this thread so that our members who are
supposed to be commenting and contributing are can be brought up to speed.
For instance the vast majority of this document is the Committees 2.0.  To
my eye it looks like you are requesting information on the already accepted
Committees 2.0 structure.  It would be helpful for the community to know
that this proposal is for a Committee is in response to a grant that OWASP
is pursuing to "position New York City as a global leader in cybersecurity
jobs and innovation."  Could you talk about the role that this committee
will have in that process?

I think that the scope is also not very clear in this document.  Could you
tell us about the role you envision this committee having organization
wide? What other suggestions to the board and decisions do you expect the
OWASP Global Industry Advisory Committee to make?  Is there expertise or
interest that would be particularly helpful? Any specific goals for the
committee or areas of improvement you are looking to address?

Understanding these topics will not only help people understand what you
are trying to do, but grab their interest so that can contribute their
passion and skills.

Best,
Tiffany

Tiffany Long