[Owasp-leaders] Proposed Draft: OWASP Global Industry Advisory Committee

Tanya Janca tanya.janca at owasp.org
Fri Jan 26 17:15:35 UTC 2018

Hello Bev,

Would you mind explaining to everyone (so they don’t have to click the link) what this is and why OWASP is doing this?  When I attended the board meeting this week I was extremely surprised to that OWASP Global was planning to commit a significant amount of our resources to apply for a grant that would apply specifically to New York City, rather than all of our chapters.  I have concerns about our foundation spending so much time and money applying to this when we are a global organization, not a NYC-specific organization.

If I have concerns, it’s possible that other chapters might also be concerned when they hear the details.  Since you are well informed, would you mind sharing with the leaders list?

Thank you,

Tanya Janca
@SheHacksPurple
OWASP Ottawa Chapter Leader: https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Ottawa/ <https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Ottawa/>