[Owasp-leaders] Mailman Issues

Timothy D. Morgan tim.morgan at owasp.org
Fri Jan 19 15:09:01 UTC 2018

I'm currently a leader of an inactive project.  Someday the project may become
active again if I can find the time, but for now, there's no traffic on the
mailman mailing list.

Well, that is except for spam.  Of course every email list gets spam, that's
expected. Sanely configured email lists only allow people to post if they are
subscribed and ignore/bounce any other messages. Then further spam filters (for
subscribed members) keep the issue at a minimum. However, this list is not
sanely configured. Each time a spammer tries to post, the message is caught up
in the moderation queue and it notifies me (as the list owner/moderator).  It
doesn't just tell me once "hey, you might consider reviewing this message and
letting it through." Oh no, it sends me another reminder about the spam message
*EVERY SINGLE DAY*. The mailman system is just amplifying spam. It is nuts.

I have submitted a request through this page:
  https://www.tfaforms.com/308703

But I don't know if that's the current correct way to ask for help with such
things.

tim