[Owasp-leaders] Mission statement of OWASP -- question and clarification

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Wed Jan 10 17:28:58 UTC 2018

The rule of thumb I was told to share in 2016 is to try to hit about 70%
directly AppSec related and engage with other discussion on security as you
wish. We clearly cannot cut out other aspects of security and expect to
meet the needs of our community and not all AppSec related information is
nessecarily technical ( I went to a talk about using red team tactics to
convey the importance of you security positions to management for
example).

There is however a growing conversation in the community about the role of
sticking too closely to AppSec and your chapter is focused on meeting the
needs of your community.  As Adrian said, we are an agile org.

As to your direct question, there is no way to cut humans and our
psychology out of security, so the Human Factor is relevant.

Best,

Tiffany Long
Community Manager