[Owasp-leaders] Action Needed: Google Summer of Code 2018 (GSOC) - Deadline January 21st - Needs Your Participation
claudia.aviles-casanovas at owasp.org
Fri Jan 5 21:21:34 UTC 2018
The OWASP Foundation will be applying as a Mentor Organization for Google
Summer of Code 2018 <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/>
GSOC is an international grant program that promotes open source projects
by providing a stipend for university students to code for open source
projects. During the Google Summer of Code your project can choose a
student to mentor from a wide range of applicants. The student will
complete a project defined by an OWASP Project leader aimed at improving an
We need your help in a making this program a success and the more mentors
the more slots for OWASP!
*GSOC for Project Leaders:*
- Add your idea on our GSOC 2018 Ideas
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GSOC2018_Ideas> wiki page ASAP;
Deadline January 21st!
- Students will start applying for projects on March 12, 2018 but many
are already exploring ideas on our wiki page.
- You may submit multiple ideas (but each accepted idea will need its
- Leaders are welcome but not required to also be mentors
*Become a Mentor: *
- Do you want to become a mentor for a student?
- Choose a participating OWASP Project Idea from the wiki page listed
below preferably the one you are most familiar with on the GSOC 2018
Ideas <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GSOC2018_Ideas> page.
- If you have an idea for mentoring a student that is not listed, reach
out the the Project Leader to pitch your idea.
*Help OWASP Invite Students: *
- Are you somehow affiliated with a university? Share this opportunity
in the classroom, with instructors, and with the appropriate department
- Invite students who already volunteer with OWASP and Students
associated with your chapter.
- Please direct students to the wiki page for details on the link below:
*Interested but need more information?*
Touch base with Claudia claudia.aviles-casanovas at owasp.org
<https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders>, Kostas konstantinos
at owasp.org <https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders> or
Fabio fcerullo at owasp.org
<https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders> to get started
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders