[Owasp-leaders] Feedback Requested 2019 General Chapters/Project fund

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Mon Dec 17 19:59:40 UTC 2018

Hey Everyone,

To give you an idea on what it would look like - the approach has 3 simple
steps. Let me know what you think.

As some of you know I am proposing a change in the way we do annual
budgets. Namely focusing on the needs of the community and giving the
larger chapters a streamlines process of understanding where the demand is
, and in encouraging smaller OWASP communities to do interesting things and
not be constrained by their budget.
To that end I would like your feedback and allow me to show you what that
*might* look like:

*Step 1:*
The foundation would create a common community fund for all
chapters/projects to leverage - meaning if you are a small chapter and you
need some funds - you can ask from this general fund.

*Step 2:*
We ask the smaller chapters/projects to fill out a form telling us what
they funds they need and for what - see example form
OWASP Funding Request Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V2iuPKCkHmiS5Y0nC1ilj9q-W1s2itOB7uFQcONylxw
[image: Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 10.26.29.png]

*Step 3:*
Finally - we reach out to larger chapters and ask for their annual budget -
but as part of that we should them what smaller chapters/projects need and
give them the option to add to that fund
OWASP Community Annual Budget:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18vzZjgBsT4lXW27J03u7GVZb8gww4R7dxfz8E7n6XSY
[image: Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 10.26.14.png]

Email: sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
<https://twitter.com/OWASPLondon>
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list: