[Owasp-leaders] Hosting Solutions (CTF)

Ed Adams eadams at securityinnovation.com
Thu Dec 6 14:02:37 UTC 2018

Hi Ash, Marios, and OWASP Leaders.

My company, Security Innovation, has provided our CMD+CTRL product to a number of OWASP chapters to run CTFs at their meetings (most recently in NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, and Denver.) The CTF is 100% cloud-based so there’s no infrastructure required. Members just need to show up with a laptop (or similar) to play. The only thing the chapter facility needs to provide is internet access. There is a real-time scoreboard you can display if you wish and points are scored automatically (no need to manually assess “flags.”) It’s a pretty easy turn-key operation.

** There is no fee for using our CMD+CTRL product at OWASP events. If you’d like to run a CTF at an upcoming meeting, please let me know and I’ll facilitate for you. **

We recently used CMD+CTRL for a CTF between 4 Boston area universities, too (https://web.securityinnovation.com/cybersecurity-beanpot-2018 <https://web.securityinnovation.com/cybersecurity-beanpot-2018>)

You can also find more information about CMD+CTRL here: https://www.securityinnovation.com/training/hackathon <https://www.securityinnovation.com/training/hackathon>

Kind regards,
Ed

PS — feel free to reach out to any of those chapter leads to ask for feedback