[Owasp-leaders] AppSec USA

Avi D (OWASP Israel) avi.douglen at owasp.org
Tue Aug 28 23:36:57 UTC 2018

Thanks Harold!

I will also point out that free registration as leaders for both the training and the conference (dinner issue aside) do work now as expected – you are logged in and your account is marked as a chapter/project leader.

Seems there was a glitch and some leaders were unmarked – but this is a simple glitch that can be fixed very easily!

Avi D

Cc:  <mailto:owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org> owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org

The overview page says chapter leaders pay $700 -

Chapter Leader/Project Leader/Event Volunteer

$700

Includes conference program for two days, coffee breaks, lunch and  expo. Conference networking event ticket is NOT included

I logged in with a previous AppSec login to myowasp.force.com <http://myowasp.force.com>  with my OWASP email  and it found my chapter Leader badge.  The registration page had all the various combinations and costs and there was one for 'Conference' for chapter leaders and it was 0$.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Brett Gravois <brett.gravois at owasp.org <mailto:brett.gravois at owasp.org> > wrote:

I logged in a guest with my owasp email.

Also just noticed that this is almost right on top of Derbycon...

- Brett

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Jim Weiler <jim.weiler at owasp.org <mailto:jim.weiler at owasp.org> > wrote:

Forgot to reply all -

What do you enter when registering so the system can identify you as a chapter leader? Register as Guest with your OWASP email? Or do we log in with one of our many OWASP accounts?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Alex Lafrenz <alex.lafrenz at owasp.org <mailto:alex.lafrenz at owasp.org> > wrote:

All,

Using the "Conference - Chapter Leader/Project Leader/Volunteer" option does reduce it to $0.00. It does not look there is an option to register for a training class using the same code however..

Thank you,

Alexander Lafrenz
OWASP Inland Empire Co-Founder | Embedded AppSec Project Co-Leader

 <mailto:alex.lafrenz at owasp.org> alex.lafrenz at owasp.org
LinkedIn: <https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderhlafrenz> https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderhlafrenz

====
Disclaimer: OWASP does not endorse or recommend commercial products or services allowing our community to remain vendor neutral with the collective wisdom of the best minds in application security worldwide.
====

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Bil Corry <bil.corry at owasp.org <mailto:bil.corry at owasp.org> > wrote:

It shows up as $700 for me as well.  I think it is based off a back-end list of leaders and if you're not on the list, it doesn't show up as free.

- Bil

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Milton Smith <milton.smith at owasp.org <mailto:milton.smith at owasp.org> > wrote:

FYI - That was the option I selected.  (Attached)

—Milton

On Aug 16, 2018, at 3:30 PM, Martín Villalba <martin.villalba at owasp.org <mailto:martin.villalba at owasp.org> > wrote:

I was also able to register for free just fine for the conference (talks) as a Chapter Leader.  As mentioned earlier, there's a specific option that should show up for you that reads something like "Chapter Leader / Project Leader / Volunteer", with a cost of $0.00 (free).

Cheers,

Martín.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Brett Gravois <brett.gravois at owasp.org <mailto:brett.gravois at owasp.org> > wrote:

You have to choose the Chapter Leader option.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 2:16 PM Owen Pendlebury <owen.pendlebury at owasp.org <mailto:owen.pendlebury at owasp.org> > wrote:

I recommend reaching out to Dawn who will be able to look in to it.

It worked for me

On Thu 16 Aug 2018 at 21:15, Milton Smith <milton.smith at owasp.org <mailto:milton.smith at owasp.org> > wrote:

I notice it charged me.

—Milton

On Aug 16, 2018, at 1:13 PM, Owen Pendlebury <owen.pendlebury at owasp.org <mailto:owen.pendlebury at owasp.org> > wrote:

Hi Brett,

It’s using your leader badge and should automatically give you the discount when registering.

There is no code required.

Owen

On Thu 16 Aug 2018 at 21:11, Brett Gravois <brett.gravois at owasp.org <mailto:brett.gravois at owasp.org> > wrote:

Is there a Chapter leader code? I don't think I saw anything about this, or it might be buried in my email.

Thanks,

Brett Gravois

--

Owen Pendlebury @pendo19 OWASP Ireland-Dublin https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Ireland-Dublin @AppSecIreland OWASP AppSec EU Committee/ Training Committee Chair https://2017.appsec.eu <https://2017.appsec.eu/>  @appseceu

--

Owen Pendlebury @pendo19 OWASP Ireland-Dublin https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Ireland-Dublin @AppSecIreland OWASP AppSec EU Committee/ Training Committee Chair https://2017.appsec.eu <https://2017.appsec.eu/>  @appseceu

--

Harold L. Blankenship

OWASP Foundation
Director, Projects and Technology Support
 <mailto:harold.blankenship at owasp.org> harold.blankenship at owasp.org
Direct:  <javascript:void(0);> +1 512.644.3053

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming a  <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> member or making a  <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate> donation today!
Join us at  <https://2018.appsecusa.org/> AppSec USA 2018 8-12 October in San Jose, CA!