[Owasp-leaders] AppSec USA

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Aug 24 19:32:18 UTC 2018

During my tenure on the OWASP Board, I successfully passed a measure to
grant each new project or chapter with $500 worth of funds.  See the series
of motions and votes on October 14, 2015:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Votes

"Motion: P4 - Upon creation of a new project or chapter, as long as they
have at least two leaders they will be allocated a $500 budget to begin
with"

I don't see any votes since then to change it so my assumption is that, as
long as you have at least two leaders for your chapter, you should have
started with $500 in your chapter account.  If that's not the case, then
you should absolutely request it to get you rolling so that you don't have
to "meet under a huge tree" with no food.  The Foundation should be
supporting you in this effort.