[Owasp-leaders] AppSec USA

Dirk Wetter dirk at owasp.org
Thu Aug 23 14:55:28 UTC 2018

Hi Travis, hi all,

On 23.08.2018 16:02, Travis McPeak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I delayed responding to this thread because I can see it both ways.

[..]

Let's at least agree, that we have to draw a line somewhere. But as said the
community has to do that and it has to be transparent.

And please keep in mind the local volunteers.

> I think there is room for both, but in providing free conference tickets the Foundation is
> essentially giving us the benefit of everything that incurred fixed costs, mainly the venue,
> which is damn expensive.

So then then question is popping up why we pick so damned expensive locations? (Haven't
looked at the budget sheet if it's available).

BTW: In London for every attendant of the networking event, there was one alcoholic welcome
drink for free. Further beer, wine costed >=5 pounds. I am not from London but it didn't seem
like a particular good deal to me we made with the host.

I liked the magicians doing card player tricks a lot though.

Cheers, Dirk (chaired the AppSec Europe in 2013)

--
OWASP Volunteer
Send me encrypted mails (Key ID 0xD0A74569)