[Owasp-leaders] AppSec USA

Bjoern Kimminich bjoern.kimminich at owasp.org
Thu Aug 23 12:13:33 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I don't think it's wise to make project leads, chapter leads and volunteers
pay for the networking events. Unless
- it's really cheap (but then, no need to charge volunteers in the first
place)
- or the chapters/projects pay for it (which is a left-pocket-right-pocket
game for OWASP eventually)

We do not want to end up having a pricey "VIP networking event" only for
the full-paying participants and OWASP volunteers organizing their own
event (or just get-together) on the side. The social event is a great
chance for regular conference visitors to meet OWASP leaders! The leaders
should be seen as an asset that gets more people to join the social event!
Same as the speakers! And the volunteers helping with the conference should
get free attendance just for helping, obviously.

Cheers,
Björn