[Owasp-leaders] AppSec USA

Avi D (OWASP Israel) avi.douglen at owasp.org
Mon Aug 20 13:24:45 UTC 2018

Wait, leaders are being charged to attend – and still not allowed to join the social dinner?? I can’t believe they’re doing that again, after it was such a negative affect at AppSecUK…

What about the training, how can we register for that as leaders?

Avi D

 <mailto:alex.lafrenz at owasp.org> alex.lafrenz at owasp.org
LinkedIn: <https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderhlafrenz> https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderhlafrenz

====
Disclaimer: OWASP does not endorse or recommend commercial products or services allowing our community to remain vendor neutral with the collective wisdom of the best minds in application security worldwide.
====

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Bil Corry <bil.corry at owasp.org <mailto:bil.corry at owasp.org> > wrote:

It shows up as $700 for me as well.  I think it is based off a back-end list of leaders and if you're not on the list, it doesn't show up as free.

- Bil

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Milton Smith <milton.smith at owasp.org <mailto:milton.smith at owasp.org> > wrote:

FYI - That was the option I selected.  (Attached)

—Milton

On Aug 16, 2018, at 3:30 PM, Martín Villalba <martin.villalba at owasp.org <mailto:martin.villalba at owasp.org> > wrote:

I was also able to register for free just fine for the conference (talks) as a Chapter Leader.  As mentioned earlier, there's a specific option that should show up for you that reads something like "Chapter Leader / Project Leader / Volunteer", with a cost of $0.00 (free).

Cheers,

Martín.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Brett Gravois <brett.gravois at owasp.org <mailto:brett.gravois at owasp.org> > wrote:

You have to choose the Chapter Leader option.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 2:16 PM Owen Pendlebury <owen.pendlebury at owasp.org <mailto:owen.pendlebury at owasp.org> > wrote:

I recommend reaching out to Dawn who will be able to look in to it.

It worked for me

On Thu 16 Aug 2018 at 21:15, Milton Smith <milton.smith at owasp.org <mailto:milton.smith at owasp.org> > wrote:

I notice it charged me.

—Milton

On Aug 16, 2018, at 1:13 PM, Owen Pendlebury <owen.pendlebury at owasp.org <mailto:owen.pendlebury at owasp.org> > wrote:

Hi Brett,

It’s using your leader badge and should automatically give you the discount when registering.

There is no code required.

Owen

On Thu 16 Aug 2018 at 21:11, Brett Gravois <brett.gravois at owasp.org <mailto:brett.gravois at owasp.org> > wrote:

Is there a Chapter leader code? I don't think I saw anything about this, or it might be buried in my email.

Thanks,

Brett Gravois

--

Owen Pendlebury @pendo19 OWASP Ireland-Dublin https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Ireland-Dublin @AppSecIreland OWASP AppSec EU Committee/ Training Committee Chair https://2017.appsec.eu <https://2017.appsec.eu/>  @appseceu