[Owasp-leaders] [balint:7129] Help with OWASP books project - need a web designer

Timur 'x' Khrotko [owasp] timur at owasp.org
Sat Aug 4 21:40:52 UTC 2018

Hello, I work on a document pipeline of a similar sort: to prepare
collaborative book/guide content in md (hosted on gitlab, or github, or/and
in local gits), to compile the publications with pandoc and publish it
online (for me the PDF books are secondary in their practical usefulness).
We prepare a couple of such collaborative defdev publications: an ssdlc
playbook and secure coding guides.

I suggest using a standard 'css for md' css as base -- there are a number
of such csses. You can dig a nice one from the internals of visual code for
example. Or (as I do) you can start off the
https://github.com/sindresorhus/github-markdown-css

Then you add your custom css next in the cascade. You need a designer for
the latter only.

Also in case of a book your source is not a monolithic md but pieces which
you have to concatenate before feeding to pandoc. And you can hit a couple
of the md weaknesses, like line breaks which working your editors are not
expected to learn.

Let me know if I can help with some particular issues.

Timur

--

secmachine․net #wepowersecdev