[Owasp-leaders] [balint:6755] Re: Teaching resources

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 00:11:53 UTC 2018

Simon,

Can you provide any information as to the level of the intended
security course(s)? E.g., is it aimed at freshman/sophomores,
junior/senior, graduate school???

Back in 2000 (a *long* time ago, in terms of security), I designed and
taught an information security course for a masters level CS course.
The course was an elective, 15 week semester that I taught for at
least 2 out of 3 semesters (summer semesters on occasion) for 7 years
for a local university in Columbus. Those were back in the early days
of OWASP but even then, I still used a lot of OWASP resources. (The
books I used were Ross Anderson's _Security Engineering_ and Gary
McGraw's _Software Security : Building Security In_.)

Most of my notes are outdated (other than the cryptography sections),
but I would be glad to contribute notes, homework assignments, etc.
That may or may not be appropriate though. If this is supposed to be a
100 or 200 level course, then the stuff I have may be a bit too
advanced.

-kevin

--
Blog: http://off-the-wall-security.blogspot.com/    | Twitter: @KevinWWall
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.