[Owasp-leaders] Local chapter meeting - expenses

Ade Yoseman ade.putra at owasp.org
Mon Apr 9 16:16:37 UTC 2018

If follow chapter handbook
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Chapter_Handbook

4.7.5 Money not Tracked by the Foundation
Chapter leaders should not be accepting finances/funds through their own
bank accounts. OWASP
Foundation (US) and OWASP Inc. (Europe) have been created for the purpose
of handling funds.
Other countries have hired third party companies to handle their finances.
If OWASP funds will
be handled by a third party, notify the OWASP Foundation in advance to make
sure any necessary
paperwork is completed.
If the sponsor pays the vendor directly (for signage, food, venue, etc.),
then this is a transaction
that the Foundation does not need to track. However, if the sponsor needs a
receipt or record of the
transaction (for tax or other purposes), the money WILL need to go through
the Foundation.
Money should track by foundation (kelly santalucia)
My best experience is find sponsor which provide meeting venue and some
meals ... and trying to get volunteer speaker (which not must pay for
speaking /speaking fee)

Best

--

Ade Yoseman