[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Fwd: [owasp accounting] SAMM project funds status

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Wed Oct 25 23:33:28 UTC 2017

Hey Sherif,
Thank you for responding!  To be honest, last years budget process was
chaotic.  From my pov I was receiving different and conflicting
instructions and honestly did not understand how to proceed.  Then other
folks ran with a process (or processes) and in the end, I am not even sure
I am copied on all of the pertinent emails.  This was further complicated
in that OWASP is simply to big to even try to do something like this via
email.  While I firmly believe that all people were acting in good faith,
the process was confusing, and not very traceable.

To make things better, this year we wrote a comprehensive process and
designed better tracking tools (in this case, using Jira).  We also
documented fully the expectations and process
<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/0808555c-b733-41d7-bd63-14f0e32ba878/owasp-org-index-php-chapters-and-projects-with-over-5k>.
This
year we will be able to fully track the needs and desires of each chapter
or project. I worked hard to create a way that is simple, accountable,
traceable and scale-able.

As to how to handle last year,  honestly, I probably did not even KNOW your
requests--if I had I would have worked hard to implement them. I understand
your frustration and would be angry if I had followed what seemed to be a
useless process and then not even been able to donate my funds.  If you
would like, I will gladly implement them now or if you prefer we can roll
them in with the 2017 budget.  Please let me know how you want to handle
this and I will gladly comply.

Best,
Tiffany

Tiffany Long