[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Fwd: [owasp accounting] SAMM project funds status

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Sat Oct 21 10:13:12 UTC 2017

Hi Tiffany,

If I can chime in here, no one would despite the intent behind asking for a
project plan for all Chapters and Projects over a certain budget, it is a
good approach. There are some feedback for the *implementation* and
*communication* of this that I would like to provide:

   - *Are we doing what the Chapters/Projects are asking?* Firstly the
   OWASP London Chapter in 2016 had provided their budget plan, it had
   included provided some support for a few Projects (including ZAP, OWASP
   Summit etc..) as well as a few Chapters. *Till this day* the budget has
   not been distributed to these chapters, and OWASP ZAP regardless of how
   many times we have asked, or who made the query.

   - *Are we managing the Chapters/Projects expectations?* The second issue
   is with communication, it would be helpful to get a response back in fact
   this is more concerning for me. It's ok to say no, "i.e. we can't transfer
   the funds to these chapters or projects because xyz etc.." but it is
   important to respond to these queries. If chapters get a lack of response,
   especially from something this important it could lead to other morale
   issues.

We felt we were doing the right thing helping projects and chapters in need
of budget support, given the success of the London Chapter and were proud
that we could help. At the very least we would like to understand what has
happened to our funds and why the transfer did not take place.

*PS:* There is no right/wrong answer and we are on the same team, but we
just need to understand, and manage expectations with the other chapters,
projects as this reflects on *all of us as a team*.

--

Sherif Mansour
OWASP London Chapter Leadersherif.mansour at owasp.org
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/London
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
<https://twitter.com/OWASPLondon>
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list: