[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Fwd: [owasp accounting] SAMM project funds status

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Thu Oct 12 17:12:50 UTC 2017

Thank you for your observations, Ian. Radical transparency over the last 13
years at OWASP sometimes has its noise factor on email lists.  The
important issue for members and leaders to be part of the discussion,
however, they all need to happen publicly unless its a legal or HR related
item whenever possible.

This thread is rooted in what is NOT covered in the current 2014 project
handbook that is currently in effect for ALL projects.  This handbook is
the OWASP Bible that allows all volunteers and employees manage to.   Part
of the confusion also includes a motion and vote by the then current board
of directors effecting policy on the topic Oct. 14, 2015. "Motion: P8 -
Chapters and projects with $5,000 or more in their account on October 1 are
required to create a budget"
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Votes>

Regardless the agenda item was tabled last during last nights public and
recorded board meeting <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/October_11,_2017>by
the request of Andrew via Matt K., and is carried to the next public
meeting in Nov <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/November_8,_2017>. The
should be an acceptable resolution by the next months meeting consent
agenda.

*Re: The Election and the easy button on who to vote for*
IMHO all excellent candidates with lots of direct and indirect passion like
you and some with a long history at OWASP.  In a quick check, I don't see
your name on the current membership roster, perhaps under another
alias/name?

Member Roster:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WN07dNGBldvYC_RmTKKsrYdguSUghlLP5A7QfQa6G9M/edit#gid=0

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WN07dNGBldvYC_RmTKKsrYdguSUghlLP5A7QfQa6G9M/edit#gid=0>Regardless,
please do invest a few mins., to review the "Why Me" for the candidate as
they will represent you by proxy as a member and the direction of the
foundation for the next 24 months+ and ultimately the mission of the global
non-profit.

*Alcon (All Concerned) if your looking for your VOTING BALLOT *

On October 9, 2017 all eligible voting members received an email to their
registered email address from owasp at simplyvoting.com with subject "BALLOT
FOR OWASP 2017 Board Election" there is a short "WHY ME" before you cast
your vote for the direction of the foundation.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2017_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election#How_Do_I_Vote.3F

If you have an issue with that or need further assistance, you can visit
www.owasp.org of course and submit a support ticket
<http://www.tfaforms.com/308703> that will be routed based on category of
the request to the best team member to service the member of the
association.

Regards,

Tom Brennan
Secretary, Global Board of Directors
OWASP Foundation

--

Tom Brennan, Global Board of Directors, OWASP Foundation Inc.

(973) 202-0122 | www.owasp.org | @owasp

*Improving Software Security One Byte At A Time*