[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Fwd: [owasp accounting] SAMM project funds status

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Sat Oct 7 13:41:22 UTC 2017

Thank you for the insight Brian. Operationally,  Projects are managed by Matt T and Claudia it appears that those options have been exhausted.

Since on the surface the issue that needs additional clarity and was not able to be resolved by staff to satisfaction managing to currently written policy as a guideline then as the Secretary I would recommend to all members as I always do, 1) in advance (preferred 10 days) add new business item to the board wiki agenda https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board 2) Have a representative attend the board meeting 3) the OpenSAMM project leader(a) to speak (when new business is called for a block of time) to this item on the upcoming monthly global board agenda resulting in a motion and a vote of its elected leaders to resolve it (that is the appeal)

Since we operate in a decentralized community meeting monthly for the purpose of official OWASP business the member shall simply edit and add as new business a item to be raised otherwise it will never be officially reviewed and voted on by the elected leadership to be resolved by a majority vote.  There is no ivory tower that is how and the purpose of a elected board of directors when operational issues need additional focus effecting members.

This democratic process using Roberts rules is super important to understand especially as we move to a election cycle that starts on October 9th people have to VOTE with what they want OWASP to be in the future
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2017_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election it is also a great opportunity for incoming board candidates to be part of the discussion.

Tom Brennan
973-202-0122