[Owasp-leaders] Commercial Donations to Projects

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Fri Nov 3 20:00:37 UTC 2017

+1 on what Björn said

He and Defect Dojo were test cases for the new PayPal widget on the wiki.
I did a bunch of searching and used all my Google foo to try and find and
replace all the PayPal buttons on the wiki but am sure I probably missed
one or more.

The wiki markup do create a PayPal button correctly is:

{{#widget:PayPal Donation
|target=_blank
|budget=OWASP WTE
}}

change "budget=OWASP WTE"  to your project name if you use the code above

You can see an example of this in the source of my wiki user page:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=User:Mtesauro&action=edit (scroll to
the bottom of the source)

Or see the actual generate code by using the browser to view source (or the
dev tools) on my actual user page: https://www.owasp.org/index.
php/User:Mtesauro

You're welcome to use that button as many times as you like to donate to
OWASP WTE - one of my projects ;-)

BTW, you can also put Donate buttons on your README in Github.  I know
Defect Dojo has done this.  The code from the README markdown is:

[![PayPal](https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/
btn_donate_SM.gif)](https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?
cmd=_donations&business=paypal%40owasp%2eorg&lc=US&
item_name=OWASP%20DefectDojo&no_note=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF
<https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_SM.gif)%5D(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=paypal%40owasp%2eorg&lc=US&item_name=OWASP%20DefectDojo&no_note=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF>
)

change "item_name=OWASP%20DefectDojo"  to your project name if you use the
code above

You can see this by looking at their README source:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OWASP/django-DefectDojo/master/README.md
 (scroll
to the bottom)

You can see the example 'live' on their Github page:
https://github.com/OWASP/django-DefectDojo  (scroll to the bottom)

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro