[Owasp-leaders] OWASP London Facebook Live Feed this evening

Timur X. kHrotko timur at owasp.org
Mon May 22 22:40:45 UTC 2017

Hello,

we were doing a number of owasp meetup broadcasts via Google Hangouts.

First one was two years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCPR6ZAfc7CrU4HXm8L9EdhDvNNy11_tm

Then we learnt how to use multiple video sources more interactively. One is
the slideshow (high quality), the other is a webcam on the speaker (any
quality will work). The audio source is always the speakers' mic, as
Hangouts lets you use a kind of studio interface where you choose the live
video source and the audio separately. An OWASP track as a sample:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCPR6ZAfc7CpJcUDGwBg3cYBVmvQBmh_-
One was with Martin :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_v9wrr_ibA

Same technique was used in the joint Eastern-European event by a number of
chapters:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpfaWiZaT9_msL3jdY_FDw

Last year we made a couple of mobile application security lectures with
live broadcasting and then publishing the trimmed version to our yt page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCEkvj_mcBI

For trimming QT is the simplest (built in) solution on mac.

There is an unfinished guide for making broadcasts via hangouts:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18qPpm_7ytYQ5-hv_3YwIvgpusst0ppifuC6CGcigbQY/edit
The things changed since, Google promotes using Meet.

The most important aspect is the quality of audio (besides the video of
slides and the labs).
The cheapest quality solution:
http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/usb-microphones/meteorite/
- it doesn't work with the speaker walking around.
Then you can use a bluetooth headset. Or you hire professionals.

Cheers,
Timur

--

OWASP, chapter leader, Hungary