[Owasp-leaders] Great Article on Open Source Projects: History of Apache Storm and lessons learned

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Sun May 21 12:50:15 UTC 2017

Hey guys,

I started reading again this great article from Nathan Marz on Open
Sourcing Apache Storm,
http://nathanmarz.com/blog/history-of-apache-storm-and-lessons-learned.html

Any successful project requires two things:

>    1. It solves a useful problem
>    2. You are able to convince a significant number of people that your
>    project is the best solution to their problem
>
> What I think many developers fail to understand is that achieving that
> second condition is as hard and as interesting as building the project
> itself. I hope this becomes apparent as you read through Storm's history.

Hope you find as interesting as I did.
--

Sherif Mansour
OWASP London Chapter Leadersherif.mansour at owasp.org
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/London
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
<https://twitter.com/OWASPLondon>
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list: