[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] PLEASE FEEDBACK: Kick-off recruitment process ED

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue May 16 10:54:53 UTC 2017

Matt,

This needs a new champion now that Johanna has resigned.  Option B is to
appoint a full time employee from existing team to the senior role, shift
responsibilities and adapt and overcome like any small business would do
with 10 employees.

Reminder, this item has been in motion since AppSecEU 2016 and demonstrates
how slow and underscores and illustrates frustrations on important actions
to the community.

I prefer option B at this point promoting from within the team and
adjusting the team of players on the field to posistion they are strongest
in personally and adjusting accordingly. I am not a fan of hiring a 3rd
party adding costs to the bottom line just so this role can "manage"
people.  We already have enough middle management imho and can leverage
expertise of consultants and 3rd party service firms for focus area
projects. Staff are cross trained where possible and single point of
failures are opportunities for improvement typically of undocumented
processes.

2 cents.