[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: [Owasp-board] Where are the boardmembers?

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Mon May 15 22:38:40 UTC 2017

For the good of the OWASP Foundation there are many emails *not on this
thread *being sent by board members between each other that after catching
up them.. they have nothing to do with HR or Legal Issues and are about the
community and many of them are NOT constructive (*the only reason for them
NOT to be in a public archive BTW)

To that point I have invoked a SPECIAL MEETING inline with our bylaws
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Foundation_ByLaws

My intention is that this session be *OPEN and PUBLIC politically correct
optional..* to anyone who wants to join the session as soon as possible to
debrief on the events and activities and intentions. Also to provide a
platform for those who wish to be heard... to be heard publicly and on the
record on or before June 7th (that is coming up in (2) weeks)..... but then
I realized that that happens every single month and the next one is June
7th details: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board

So if you are passionate about OWASP Foundation as a community, the people
or the mission, have something to say positive or negative -* join us, you
are always welcomed!*

The upcoming OWASP SUMMIT is an example of what OWASP members are capable
of http://owaspsummit.org/ as well as so many chapter leaders that have
built regional communities and project leaders that have contributed their
time to make the world a better place. If you're able to travel and already
going GREAT if you can attend virtually FANTASTIC. *But remember what OWASP
has always been about - PEOPLE talking about TECHNOLOGY*

Look forward to *LISTENING* with everyone on *June 7th 12pm EST*

*SECTION 3.04 Special Meetings.*

Special meetings of the Board of Directors may be called by or at the
request of the Chairman or any two (2) directors. The person or persons
authorized to call special meetings of the Board of Directors may fix the
place for holding any special meeting of the Board of Directors called by
them.

During this time we can determine if OWASP is doomed, will it continue in
2018 or will we dissolve it, who will have what roles and if anyone even
cares anymore about it....   I also would recommend making this special
meeting PUBLIC as many people are perfectly fine with a radically
transparent discussion about what's broken, what's working and what needs
to change.