[Owasp-leaders] UNLEASH THE HOUNDS

Mike Goodwin mike.goodwin at owasp.org
Mon May 15 20:42:41 UTC 2017

Hello Tom,

Thank you for sharing this - it was an interesting read. On the subject of
threat modeling tools, you might be interested to know I am working on an
OWASP incubator project to deliver a cross platform threat modeling tool
that should meet many of the requirements your working group listed. It's
called Threat Dragon <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Threat_Dragon>.
It has an online web app variant
<https://github.com/mike-goodwin/owasp-threat-dragon> with a working
deployment <https://threatdragon.org> in sync with the master branch
and an installable
desktop variant
<https://github.com/mike-goodwin/owasp-threat-dragon-desktop> based on
Electron. The desktop variant is new and a little rough around the edges
(e.g. I''m not regularly building an OSX version yet). The major
development of the project is a threat generation engine. The current one
is just a stub.

I would be very interested to get your feedback on the project, or that of
any of other authors of the SAFECode threat modeling paper. It was quite
instructive that you, as an active OWASP member, were not aware of this
project. It just goes to remind me I need to lift my head up from the code
and speak to people about it a lot more ☺

Best regards,

Mike

--
*Mike Goodwin*