[Owasp-leaders] Misunderstanding in Media about OWASP projects

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Sun May 14 11:13:30 UTC 2017

Nicely put Johanna

Actually the Summit now has a full track dedicated to the Owasp Top 10 2017
<http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017> with the
following Working Sessions:

   - Data behind Owasp Top 10 2017
   <http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017/Data-behind-OWASP-Top-10-2017.html>
   - A10 - Underprotected APIs
   <http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017/A10-Underprotected-APIs.html>
   - A7 - Insufficient Attack Protection
   <http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017/A7-Insufficient-Attack-Protection.html>
   - What Should be Added to the Top 10
   <http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017/What-Should-be-Added-to-the-Top-10.html>
   - Implications of Owasp Top 10 2017
   <http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017/Implications-of-Owasp-Top-10-2017.html>
   - Is the Owasp Top 10 Data Collection Open
   <http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017/Is-the-Owasp-Top-Data-Collection-Open.html>
   - Sign Ceremony for Owasp Top 10 2017
   <http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017/Sign-Ceremony-for-Owasp-Top-10-2017.html>

If you have any comments, or data, or ideas for the Owasp Top 10 2017,
please actively participate on this Working Sessions.

As you can see, the objective is to reach an agreement by the end Summit,
so if you don't raise your voice and ideas now (with data and documentation
to back it up), don't complain later.

Now is the time to act. If you want to make a difference in what the Owasp
Top 10 2017 will look like, the Owasp Top 10 2017
<http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Owasp-Top-10-2017> Track is the
place to do it.

And if you are not able to make it to Summit in London (even if just for
one day), you can participate remotely
<http://owaspsummit.org/website/participants-remote.html>.

On the topic of Media handling, I completely agree that it is an issue we
need to tackle. On the Security Playbooks
<http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Security-Playbooks/> track we now
have an Media Handling Playbook
<http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Security-Playbooks/Media-Handling-Playbook.html>
Working
Session which could be expanded to cover* 'how to provide accurate
information to media'*

Dinis