[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Where are the boardmembers?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Sat May 13 17:33:31 UTC 2017

Azzeddine,

The donation from the OWASP Austin chapter to the OWASP AppSec Africa
conference is a great example of a board member helping the community
without attending an event.  That is the chapter which I call "home" and
the donation came as a result of a conversation between myself and Tiana
(the current Chapter Leader).  I'm not using this to toot my own horn; only
highlighting it as an example of how Board members do a lot of things for
the community that isn't necessarily face-to-face, or sometimes that the
community is even aware of.  Michael, Tom, and I have both run our
AppSecUSA conferences in the past and are very involved with our local
chapters.  Tobias was involved in the AppSec APAC event, IIRC.  Andrew has
been heavily involved in multiple OWASP projects.  Matt has served as our
acting Executive Director since Paul's passing.  Just because we didn't
attend a conference, doesn't mean we're not involved or otherwise
supporting the OWASP Foundation.  We just don't find the need to advertise
or brag about these things.

~josh