[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Where are the boardmembers?

OWASP LOS ANGELES richard.greenberg at owasp.org
Sat May 13 09:05:59 UTC 2017

WELL SAID JOSH! I voted for you and others to help direct and provide
strategy to the global OWASP Community. I did not vote for board members to
have them strut at events. We are getting real work from these selfless
volunteers, and we should be appreciative of their efforts. They all have
day jobs, you know! Carry on!!

Richard Greenberg, CISSP
President, OWASP Los Angeles,
www.owaspla.org
ISSA Honor Roll and Fellow
President, ISSA Los Angeles,
www.issa-la.org
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardagreenberg
(424) 307-4440

On May 12, 2017 10:17 PM, "Josh Sokol" <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

Johanna,

I can't speak for the other Board members or their situations, but I take
offense to your insinuation that I am somehow disengaged from the
community, simply because I was unable to attend AppSec due to prior
commitments with my employer and my family.  I wasn't elected to the Board
so that I could show my face twice a year at an AppSec event.  I was
elected and re-elected to the Board because of the promises I made here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-XKLer1o9Igc6bn7QLwOBoR1IxUDUAR-bfoPAyDXljM/edit#gid=0>.
To take that a step further, prior to joining the Board, I even helped to
remove the requirement that Board members had to attend two face-to-face
meetings per year because I felt like OWASP would lose out on highly
qualified candidates simply because they had obligations that prevent them
from traveling.  We all contribute to the Board and the OWASP Foundation in
different ways.  Please show some respect for the countless hours that your
fellow Board members contribute to the OWASP Foundation.

~josh