[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Where are the boardmembers?

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri May 12 19:16:40 UTC 2017

In one word: disengaged.

"“No member of the Board shall receive compensation for his/her services…”
other than reimbursement for travel expenses. Board volunteers have the
legal obligation and authority to govern, but frequently are *dangerously
disengaged*."

And as you continue reading it gets better on many levels.

OWASP board members should do their best effort to assist the 2 only major
conferences, which allow board members to connect and engage not only with
the people assisting but with those chapter leaders such as the Belfast
one, whose members have worked hard to support through this event, the
income of OWASP.

There is clear a disconnection between what some community members express
as complains and your POV.

regards

Johanna

--