[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Where are the boardmembers?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri May 12 15:56:28 UTC 2017

Martin,

The OWASP Board members are volunteers, just like anyone else in the
organization.  We all have jobs and other responsibilities that sometimes
prevent us from attending events like this.  The message to the global
community should be that OWASP is that the Board is there to help make sure
the organization is moving in the right direction, but OWASP as an
organization, and it's events, are run by and for the community.  While I'm
sure attendance would have been welcome, we don't need representatives from
the Board to be present in order to have an outstanding event.  My $0.02.

~josh