[Owasp-leaders] rough consensus & running code

Bev Corwin bev.corwin at owasp.org
Sun May 7 22:55:18 UTC 2017

Thanks for the update & clarification Tiffany, Good to know. Sean also
submitted a number of requests. We were asked to submit ideas for helping
OWASP so we put together a number of concepts funding requests. In fact, we
noticed that one of our board members recently submitted similar ideas as
our proposals (grant team funding), and received a great deal of support.
Happy to hear that there is support for similar concepts, regardless. They
will help OWASP in the long run, IMHO. I did not attend the board meeting
where they were discussed, however, I did assume incorrectly that we would
at least receive the courtesy of some kind of notification from someone.
Sean and I (OWASP Brooklyn) also submitted a number of requests last year
to Kate and Andrew which were effectively ignored, as well: CSAW,
OpenCamps, etc.. I would assume that many other chapters received the same
cold shoulder when submitting, and that it wasn't just OWASP Brooklyn that
was treated with such disregard. Thank you and best wishes, Bev