[Owasp-leaders] rough consensus & running code

Bev Corwin bev.corwin at owasp.org
Thu May 4 18:14:36 UTC 2017

My biggest complaint is the fact that it was not put up for vote by the
community before being adopted. Also, that I was not able to comment on the
draft that you shared. In addition, I object to the way that local chapters
are being limited in creating their own co-marketing agreements, their own
sponsor relationships and their own events. Finally, I am very disappointed
in the staff's non responsiveness to chapter leaders and project leaders in
general. I am also very disappointed in "bottlenecking" or creating
unnecessary, burdensome costly, wasteful bureaucracy when it is not needed,
or welcome. It is one thing to try to organize things, it is another to
make it harder for chapter leaders and project leaders. The staff should be
looking for ways to streamline processes, supporting chapter leaders and
project leaders - not limiting them. It comes across as top down
bottlenecking, and does not reflect OWASP basic values and principles. The
chapter leader handbook should be simple, flexible, adaptable, responsive
and supporting of chapter leaders and project leaders. Not the reverse.
This document gave me a headache when I read it - it is an unnecessary
burden.