[Owasp-leaders] rough consensus & running code

Ade Yoseman Putra ade.putra at owasp.org
Thu May 4 17:25:21 UTC 2017

   - Grants

   - Each year you can ask the foundation
   <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.google.com/url?q%3Dhttps://www.tfaforms.com/308703%26amp;sa%3DD%26amp;ust%3D1493918989088000%26amp;usg%3DAFQjCNFruJuI2txNUsvjhNDgkHUWlp9oFQ&sa=D&ust=1493918989131000&usg=AFQjCNFeaztTFdW3HWKYh-xk6pTecIv5CQ>
for
   up to $500 (usd) up to 4 times per year
   -

Its mean owasp chapter leader must find sponsor to get extra fund for
organize meeting!  $500 usd for 1 meeting is not enough.. although just pay
venue, food, or just looking for volunteer for speaker to keep their budget
not over budget.
Should the chapter handbook give tips how to find sponsorships for new
chapter or  foundation can refer their sponsor to their chapters. Sometimes
new leader still confused how to find sponsor because its not easy.

The best idea is owasp foundation fully support to chapters like as
mozilla. Or maybe in the future
Owasp should have owasp travel management to manage leaders who want travel
as speaker to any owasp conferences. 😀 to use their fund with no
reimbursement .  Buy the flight ticket use their chapters fund✈
Or fondation can refer volunteer like speakers to help any chapters help
organize their local meeting. If not remote speaker can to be.

By the way in asia pasific we planning  organize owasp appsec global in
bangkok thailand 2018 with consensus
Just #owasp-apac . Owasp.slack.com.

Because in asia we dont have appsec this year... hope laura read this hope .

With consensus we can fully support & help each other and will commit.
The details is

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_asgBBrVyPp9_gHj2YGufDfmJofQSZVVhMAjpYlakf8/edit#

Thanks