[Owasp-leaders] rough consensus & running code

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Thu May 4 17:11:23 UTC 2017

Dear Tom, Bev, and Evin,

I am afraid I don't understand, this document is basically a FAQ about our
existing OWASP rules all set forth via an official Global Committee.  The
update was aimed at clarifying the language and intent in confusing
passages or being explicit when our norms were not documented. For the
information in the first draft of the document I relied heavily on the
institutional knowledge of the Board Members, Kate, and and Matt.  With the
exception of the update from a minimum of 2 meetings a year to a minimum of
4 meetings a year, I don't recall a significant addition.
Additionally, when the Chapter Leader Handbook was ready for a second pass,
we did call for input from the community for 2 months.  There were very few
specific comments and as I recall all of them were incorporated.

Is the concern here because we have instituted orientation to help new
leaders of new chapters (and new leaders of existing chapters who opt in)
or are there specific regulations that you do not like?

Best,
Tiffany

Tiffany Long
Community Manager