[Owasp-leaders] OWASP OCMS

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Mon May 1 18:20:57 UTC 2017

Dear Bev,
In my experience OCMS
<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/35271ad4-110e-4324-ba7d-1108c9de89cb/owasp-org-index-php-owasp-conference-management-system>is
a fairly simple form
<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/35271ad4-110e-4324-ba7d-1108c9de89cb/owasp-org-index-php-how-to-host-a-conference>
that only become complicated when the budget gets big.  Because of our core
principles
<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/35271ad4-110e-4324-ba7d-1108c9de89cb/owasp-org-index-php-about-the-open-web-application-security-project>,
which I believe are part of our founding documents, but I could be wrong,
all regular meetings must be free and open. All paid events must be
submitted and tracked through OCMS, then they get listed under "events" on
the wiki.  Paid events are expected to be out of the ordinary due to
special speakers, training, or OWASP Day activities.

These requirements are equally enforced and covered in our new Chapter
Leader Orientation given to new chapter leaders. I want to be clear, I
treat every chapter the same when it comes to OWASP rules no matter who the
leader is or where the chapter is located.  However, once we are passed the
handful of restrictions I treat chapters according to their self identified
needs. For example, some chapter need help reaching out to universities or
planning activities aimed at growing membership while other chapters just
need me to leave them alone beyond periodic check in until they have an
issue.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best,

Tiffany Long