[Owasp-leaders] How to Get chapter event listed correcty (NOOB question)

Andy Willingham andy.willingham at owasp.org
Wed Mar 29 17:39:06 UTC 2017

Hi Lance,

Welcome to the "adventure" of chapter leadership. I've been leading the Cincinnati Chapter for about 5 years now and it has been a rocky road but much of that is of my own doings. I don't know if you get the OWASP Connector newsletter or not but it just came out today and has links to the revisions being made to the Chapter Leader Handbook. While it's not super exciting reading it does contain good things. My biggest piece of advice is make sure that you get a team to help you do this. If you try to do it on your own you will most likely burn out. While organizing meetings doesn't take a lot of time it takes more than you would think. Also if at all possible plan your year at least 6 months ahead. That way you don't have as much to do as each meeting date approaches.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help you and good luck.

Andy Willingham
https://www.andywillingham.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andyitguy
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/cincinnati