[Owasp-leaders] wiki changes - breaks sponsor logos/links?

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Mon Mar 27 17:25:59 UTC 2017

Martin,

*Bad News:* Actually, that Paypal button has been broken since ~September
2016.  The extension that we had was this one that's no longer supported:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:IpbWiki_PayPal and its replacement
is still in beta <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Paypal>.

I spent a day or so using my Google Foo to try to find all the PayPal
buttons on the wiki and replace them and must have missed that one.
Unfortunately, there's no built-in way to list what pages included the
<paypal> custom tag in their content.

*Good News:*  The wiki upgrade allowed us to use a Widget for PayPal that's
been tested and works including providing the Foundation the info on what
bit of OWASP the donation is directed.

You can see an example of how to do this at:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=User:Mtesauro&action=edit  (I tested
it on my wiki user page first)

Basically you need:
{{#widget:PayPal Donation
|target=_blank
|budget=OWASP WTE
}}

I'm fine if you keep the budget=OWASP WTE so my project gets the donation.
Otherwise, change that bit to your chapter or project name and Alison can
correctly account for the donation.  I know Juice Shop is using that button
on their wiki page as well as their Github README.md page if you want other
examples.

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro