[Owasp-leaders] GSOC

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Mar 9 15:22:42 UTC 2017

Riccardo,

The place to look for information is the OWASP Ops Blog - a new monthly
blog article the staff is creating to keep the community up to date on
OWASP Foundation operations.  The March edition is at:
https://owasp.blogspot.com/2017/03/owasp-operations-update-for-march-2017.html

The blog article contains an update on GSOC.  The sort version is that
OWASP was not selected this year and Claudia is working with Kostas & Fabio
to talk with Google to find out why.

For those that submitted project items to the GSOC, the staff is looking at
alternate means to provide something similar / close to what GSOC offered.
Obviously, doing so would be spending funds that weren't planned so we'll
need a bit of time to craft a new plan and find funds. Additionally, the
Board is meeting in 2 weeks to finalize the 2017 budget which will greatly
help us understand what pockets of funds exist for us to borrow from ; )
 So far, we've been using an unofficial draft budget that we think won't
change until the board vote makes things official.

Look for announcements from Claudia here, directly emailed to Project
Leaders who applied for GSOC, the OWASP Blog, and other social media once
we have a plan and budget in place.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

--