[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Website Project

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Mar 2 04:36:42 UTC 2017

Tom,

Answering inline...

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 8:05 AM, Tom Brennan - OWASP <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

> Dinis,
>
> Not sure of how things are getting added to the agenda or focus areas for
> the Summit.

Its simple - just put in a PR in this GitHub repo:
https://github.com/OWASP/owasp-summit-2017

There's tons of closed PRs that have already done this:
https://github.com/OWASP/owasp-summit-2017/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed

Alternatively, you could submit an issue:
https://github.com/OWASP/owasp-summit-2017/issues

> But for operational items core to the OWASP mission like the OWASP Website
> Project, I wonder if it is appropriate to carve out time for that
> discussion.
>
> The project has hit a wall after being handed off to operations

This is not true.  The project is progressing and was only blocked because
the board has not, yet, approved a budget for 2017.

Please see the Ops Blog for December
<https://owasp.blogspot.com/2016/12/owasp-operations-update-for-december.html>
:

"Waiting for 2017 Budget to get approved by the Board"

And the updates in the Ops Blog post for January
<https://owasp.blogspot.com/2017/01/owasp-operations-update-for-january-2017.html>
:

*Blocked*: waiting for the 2017 Budget to get approved by the OWASP Board

And the updates in the Ops Blog post for February
<https://owasp.blogspot.com/2017/02/owasp-operations-update-for-february.html>
:

*Blocked*: waiting for the 2017 Budget to get approved by the OWASP Board

Even with the lack of budget clarity and the unexpected ending of
Rackspace's hosting donation (also in the Feb Ops Blog), there has been
progress made on the Website Reboot.  I'll be posting this Friday a March
Ops Blog in preparation for next weeks Board meeting where further updates
will be documented.

This was discussed at the last (February) board meeting.  As I recall, you
joined late so it may have been before you dialed in so I'm happy to get
you updated on the status of things.

Cheers!

-- Matt Tesauro