[Owasp-leaders] Advice on avoiding Doxing

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:35:30 UTC 2017

Hi Tanya

Maintaining your privacy is often about not publishing your information and
then preventing others from doing the same without your consent.

Do not publish your information online if you want it to be private.

This gets trickier when you consider that your friends may provide such
information about you.

Areas to scrub (remove, obfuscate, disinformation) are anywhere that your
friend has made such information available about himself. For example
social media sites, domain name registration, etc. He should google himself
ASAP.

Hopefully government isn't publishing information about him e.g. if he is a
home owner, registered voter, gun owner, etc. Similarly any organisations
that he belongs to are hopefully not publishing member lists.

Regards,

Liam