[Owasp-leaders] Grant for undeserved Leaders to attend Global AppSecs?

Bjoern Kimminich bjoern.kimminich at owasp.org
Tue Jul 11 02:24:12 UTC 2017

Hi Tiffany,

I would recommend to strictly tie these kinds of travel cost reimbursements to some tangible contribution for that particular event. Examples:

- attending preceding project summit to do project reviews
- giving a talk or workshop at that conference
- hosting/moderating a track etc.

Community building or plain conference attendance is not enough to warrant such expenses on OWASPs end in my opinion.

All this obviously should apply to everyone equally, independent of their continent of origin or destination.

Cheers,
Bjoern